St Margaret


Home
Saint Margaret, Queen of Scotland, Church

In 1950 Fr Bolan was asked to organize a new parish to be called St Margaret, Queen of Scotland. The church was to be on the site, purchased years before, at Ridley Boulevard and Avenue Road. Fr Bolan used St Eugene’s Chapel as his parish church until St Margaret’s Hall was opened in 1951. St Margaret’s Church was completed and on December 27th, 1957 the formal blessing by Cardinal McGuigan was held. The church’s interior features stained glass windows depicting patroness St. Margaret, Saints Margeurite Bourgeoys, Bridget of Sweden, Eugene and Charles Borromeo.

The four large statues in the church as well as the stations of the cross are hand carved in wood and were made by the Passion Players of Oberammagau, Germany.

Extensive renovations to St Margaret’s Church were completed in 1979. These were mainly for insulation purposes, and the redesigning of the sanctuary to conform to the new liturgy proposed by the Second Vatican Council.

 
© St. Margaret of Scotland Parish
Website design & development by F3 eBusiness,Inc.